We’ve been busy with 21st birthday parties this year! From the big dress-up themed ones with grand venues, to the backyard blowouts – our party photo booths have been there to capture it all. Having been on the frontlines, our battle hardened booth operators lay down some strategies from ground zero to ensure your 21st is the party you deserve!
- SHOOOOOOOTS! Pace yourself. It’s super difficult when you’re the center of attention and everyone at your party just wants to have a celebratory tequila/hand-grenade/Jägerbomb/boilermaker! If you give in to all the requests, your 21st will be over for you in under 45 minutes. At the risk of sounding like your mom – remember to drink water in between rounds and do a shot every hour with a big group of people for each round. This way, everyone gets a chance to toast with you, and you don’t end up in the toilet/garden/pool for the majority of your night.
- Take photos at the beginning of the night. Those 2am pictures just never look as cool the next… You want great memories, but they’re likely best made before midnight. See photo booth rental for more information.
- Trim the invite list. You won’t get to spend as much time as you want with everyone, so make sure the people who are there are the ones you really want to make memories with. It’s difficult, but this is a milestone event in your life and should be about you. We see lots of groups at 21st parties just enjoying the open bar and not interacting with the guest of honour – so don’t be the one who foots that bill!
- Do you trust me? Similar to the above, and we see it all the time – the birthday girl or boy spends a chunk of their night hiding out somewhere secluded because they want to down a drink or have a cigarette and some of the guests would not approve. This is your night! Keep the list tight, because in the end you need to feel safe enough to let your hair down.
- See you at the afterparty. Decide beforehand whether you will be going out to a club for an afterparty. We’ve seen a party in full swing deflate quicker than a cheap air mattress once someone decides to float the idea of taking the revelry to the streets. Don’t do it! Unless you’ve made plans beforehand for transport, decided which club, arranged entrance and your guests are aware of the plan Deciding on the spot to leave the current venue will most times (at least from what we’ve seen) just result in division between those who want to stay and those who want to go.
Whichever way you decide to do it, we’d love to be there with you. Our operators are all young and fun and they add a great vibe to any event!